PreOp Instructions from Ondo Media on Vimeo.
- You should eat a good breakfast or lunch
- If you are nervous or have “white coat” hypertension, please do not drink caffeine as it will elevate your blood pressure
- Do NOT wear perfume or cologne, please instruct anyone accompanying you to your appointment to refrain from wearing perfume or cologne
- Do NOT remove dentures
- Do NOT wear contact lenses
- Stop or markedly decrease smoking for 5 days
- Discontinue alcohol for 5 days
- You should receive a phone call from our office prior to surgery to review your individual medications and medical history. If your surgery is a week away and you have not spoken to one of our staff please call the office to do so. Your medications will be reviewed during this phone call so we may give you proper, individual instructions. In general we tell you the following:
- Discontinue any aspirin or ibuprofen products 10 days prior to surgery (Motrin, Naprosyn, Naproxen, Advil, Aleve and Excedrin). If you take these medications for a serious medical condition, please check with your physician prior to stopping them.
- Discontinue Vitamin E and Fish Oil for 5 days prior to surgery
- If you take Coumadin, Heparin, Warfarin, Plavix, Jantoven, Aggrenox, Dicumarol, Ticlid or Pradaxa please check with your prescribing physician about discontinuing these medications.